Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Journey Begins (Or maybe something less dramatic)

So, the likely hood of this blog being read by more than a few people is probably slim but I can't help but think I should start blogging anyway. This has been on my mind for awhile after all so hopefully someone will stumble across this and take a peek.

This blog is a container for my thoughts, mostly on writing, books, and movies. Those are probably the three things I am most passionate about and the things I like to talk about most. Writing in particular is my absolute passion, hobby and safe haven. I honestly don't know where I would be without it. If you're reading this blog, maybe you feel the same way.

What to expect here:

Musings on Writing- In other words, my thoughts about the crafting of characters, plots, dialogue and great stories. These will probably the most common

Book and movie reviews- Because I love to critique things and share my views with others

The road to publishing- Because I am about to start querying agents for my series of novels. Fingers crossed that it ends well.

Really, I hope this blog will follow a journey; preferably one that ends in success. I hope that any readers out there can draw something from this blog. I don't know what. Maybe information you find useful, maybe encouragement or maybe inspiration.

Whatever it is, welcome to The Pen and the Sword.

-Authoress Anonymous

1 comment:

  1. Hey, congrats you for taking the plunge! It's a long road and no doubt, but there's no shortage of moral support to be had from the rest of us walking the same path. I know you're new on the blog here, but I hope you'll post about your books - I am always interested in fresh takes on urban fantasy, ESPECIALLY if we can leave the vampires and werewolves and love-triangles on the shelf!

    ReplyDelete